Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for photo voltaic PV irrigation venture

The authorities of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to help within the implementation of an irrigation project in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture involves set up of 1,one hundred seventy solar irrigation pumps in the nation. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision services, design of photo voltaic water pumping systems, according to the requirements of every farm.
The firms will also provide assistance to the irrigation project implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the set up and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. เกจวัดแรงดันน้ำมันเครื่อง will also support the project implementation unit by way of technical and monetary supervision to make sure that all works are carried out based on the contract specifications. The consultants will also participate in the construction actions and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social management plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping techniques
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps might be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is generally experienced because of the arid climate and climate change, with a adverse impact on agricultural yields, in accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new equipment might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food safety, the project aims to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human well being and the setting. Interested firms have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African institution signifies that the set up of the photo voltaic pumps might be accomplished by December thirty first, 2025.

Scroll to Top